The EMR Software or Electronic Medical Record Software helps healthcare centres and practitioners eradicate needless paperwork. It, in turn, improves clinical productivity and offers enhanced care to the patients. Due to its exceptional flexibility, it helps in creating, managing and maintaining health records for the entire patient base. In short, it helps doctors to practice medicine more efficiently and more leading to better patient care.
Factors one Must Consider when choosing EMR:
- Web-Based or Client Based
While Web Based EMR Software allows users to access the software from any internet enabled smartphone or computer, which also means the speed and liability are dependent on the speed of the web connection. In this case, the user need not worry about server maintenance as everything is done by the service provider itself
A Client server EMR software is only accessible to the network connected computers, where the software is already installed. Providers also have to make sure that the requirements of the vendor are met to achieve ideal performance and speed.
- Basic EMR VS PM or Practice Management System:
While the Basic EMR allows performing clinical documentation and e-prescribing, the Practice Management system includes features like appointment scheduling, lab management, billing, and also intra-office messaging.
- Speciality vs. General:
While EMR is already designed, many specialists in a particular field and thus might want to get the system custom designed, which is known as specific or speciality EMR.
Benefits of EMR Software:
- It delivers immense flexibility, on speciality, and integrating management system.
- Improves efficiency
- Helps in capitalizing growth
- Meets regulatory requirements.
- Offers improved treatment and diagnosis to the patient.
- Error free personal health records
- Faster decision making and assignment of medical professionals.
- The ability to transfer patient data from one department to another
- Reduced operational costs and labour expenses
- Advanced reporting and clinical documentation capabilities
- More accuracy and efficiency in processing billing.
- Reduction in medical errors proves beneficial for both patient and the doctor
- Reduction is hand transcribed errors
- No chance of misplacing patient files
- Privacy and personal security are given prime importance.
- It requires training, preparation, and investment
- Transition from paper records to electronic medical records is time-consuming
- Requires excellent computer skills
- Pay for meaningful use
- Saves time two-way practice to patient communication
- Improves medication safety thus saving time and enhancing workflow
- Enables doctors to view the patient’s most pertinent data
- Save pictures, images and reports pertaining to the patient
- Customization option to ease speciality content
- Explore range of features and benefits
Health care centres can rely on EMR for a paperless environment, improves workflow and to boost productivity. It is a boon in the area of health care and offers both doctors and patients immense convenience. In short it bridges the gap between the patient and the doctor. Due to the features, it is possible to improve revenue by performing and concentrating on various other jobs rather than referring patients. Reduction in data entry saves time and helps and hence helps in analysing physiological reports.