If you drink Green Tea only because you think you can lose a few pounds, then this super-drink deserves your attention because there are various benefits of green tea. Very popular in India lately, green tea is consumed for thousands of years due to its medicinal benefits. Various benfits of green tea and it helps in weight management, energy boosting, reducing stress, and also helps in fighting a lot of diseases. Components found in that small little tea bag does wonder to your health.
Why Green Tea?
Though green tea originated from China, it is used throughout Asia as this beverage is said to offer a multitude of benefits like lowering blood pressure, preventing cancer. It also retains the maximum amount of antioxidants in the body. There arae many benfits of green tea are listed
Here is the list of some Amazing Benfits of Green Tea:
- Weight loss: All of us know green tea is supposed to increase metabolism and as a result of which it intensifies the level of fat oxidation and the rate at which the body turns the food into calories.
- Heart Diseases: Many scientists think green tea works in the lining of the blood vessels and thus helps in keeping them relaxed. It also protects the body against the formation of clots, which is the primary cause of cardiac arrest.
- Diabetes: Green tea is said to help regulate the glucose level and thus slow down the rise of blood sugar after eating. It, in turn, prevents high insulin spikes.
- Cholesterol: It is said to reduce bad cholesterol in the blood and improve the ratio of good cholesterol.
- Blood Pressure: If consumed on a regular basis, it is said to lower the risk of Hypertension.
- Depression: Studies have proved that due to the presence of Theanine, consumption of this beverage relaxes and offers a tranquilizer effect to the tea drinkers.
- Skincare: Apart from health care, green tea is supposed to be exquisite for the skin. It helps in reducing wrinkles and the other signs of ageing. If applied on skin, it can reduce sun damage.
- Tooth Decay: A substance called catechin is said to destroy bacteria and other dental conditions.
- It revs the memory: Studies say green tea extract increased the brain connections that store and process information.
- It is also meant to protect the brain: a polyphenol in green tea is said to safeguard against neurological diseases.
How Much Is Enough?
There is no limit as to how much Green Tea one must have… but if one is sensitive to caffeine they should limit their consumption to one cup a day. If you are pregnant or trying to conceive, then avoid green tea. It is said to decrease the absorption of folic acid and iron in the body.
All in all, it helps in calming the body. Making one feel less stressed. It is also a perfect substitute for coffee. Benfits of Green Tea are much more than what you are considering right now. The beauty of this drink is it is hassle free and very easy to make. All it needs is a little hot water, and you are set.