Morning sickness is a pregnancy sickness condition. Morning sickness affects around fifty percent of the females according to a report. It causes weakness, Nausea during pregnancy mostly during the first few months. Morning sickness lasts differently for different individuals, Sickness usually starts around sixth week of pregnancy and does lasts the end of the first trimester. Morning sickness is related to human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), Nausea and vomiting are also a result of rapid rise in the level of estrogen and progesterone which makes the stomach to empty up slowly. During this time pregnant womens cannot even wait for a doctor appointment in hospitals due to continous vomiting. In this case they can use a Healthcare Software to consult doctor online or can aviod long waiting lines to consult a doctor by booking a specific time slot for their appearance.
The following are some of the symptoms of morning sickness
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting
- Passage of small quantities of urine
- The urine is dark in color
- A dizzy feel when the person stands up and the person might end up fainting as well due to the weakness
- Vomiting of Blood
The signs of morning sickness might turn up to be so severe that the woman might suffer from severe dehydration, excessive weight loss, alkalosis and Hypokalemia. Despite the above, morning sickness has its own share of benefits for the woman. In some reports it is stated that Morning sickness may be a sign of a healthier baby and it reduces the chance of miscarriage. It is the thought that the pregnancy sickness may be triggered by higher level of hormones indicating a healthier pregnancy. According to a research conducted Babies born to mother who had morning sickness were also less likely to have birth defects, be born prematurely; the children have comparatively scored high scores in IQ Tests.
The benefits of morning sickness
- Healthier Baby and Mom – Foods like Coffee, meat, alcoholic beverages are very irresistible to women during the period of morning sickness and the consumption of such foods may increase the risk of miscarriage. In many warm eastern countries, spices are used to destroy the germs in the meat and spicy food triggers morning sickness. This makes sense from the perspective of protecting the fetus as many herbs contain Toxins which may turn out to be bad for the development of the sensitive embryo. Thus Nausea during the first trimester protects the baby and mom from harmful substances.
- Cuts the risk of miscarriage – There is relation between morning sickness and the risk of miscarriage during pregnancy. Statistics and study reports have showed us that the women who experienced morning sickness were at a lower risk of miscarriage than those who didn’t experience in average.
- Brighter babies – A study confirms that morning sickness resulted in brighter and smart babies, researchers have drawn out a close channel of link between morning sickness and high IQ levels among various children.