Did You Know This Summer Fruit Had Some Amazing Health Benefits???
No, we are not talking about Mango…. This wonder fruit is called Musk Melon. Abundantly available in summer this fruit is rich in Potassium and helps in regulating blood pressure. It also strengthens the eye and is rich in Vitamin A and Beta Carotene, which is said to improve eyesight and reduce the risk of cataract. This fruit is a powerhouse of health benefits and is loaded with nutrients. It also has a high percentage of water content and is hydrating and cooling.
The fruit is known for its pleasant aroma and the delicate taste that it has. Not to forget the seeds contain many health benefits as well.
The Nutrition Breakdown of approximately 1 bowl of Musk Melon is mentioned below:
- Fat- Zero
- Cholesterol- That’s a Zero again
- Protein- 1gm
- Carbohydrate- 12g
- Folic Acid: 33 Micrograms
- Vitamin C: 57 mg
- Niacin: 1mg
- Magnesium: 19mg
- Potassium: 417mg
- Carotenoids: 3219micrograms
- Vitamin B6: <1mg
- Dietary Fibre: 1g
Health benefits of of Musk Melon
- It also controls blood pressure. As they are rich in Potassium, they help in regulating blood pressure and thus keep hypertension at bay.
- Helps in losing weight: Because of its high water content and negligible fat content. They contain healthy carbohydrates that is derived from the sugars and which is easily broken down by the body.
- It helps in controlling diabetes: it regulates blood sugar levels thus helping in controlling diabetes.
- It does not affect cholesterol: they are cholesterol free and can be had by anyone without consulting a physician.
- It helps in treating ulcers. As it is rich in vitamin C, it helps in preventing and treating ulcers.
- Boosts Immunity: As they are rich in Vitamin C, it strengthens the immune system, increases the white blood cells and help in destroying viruses and bacteria.
- A lot of people complain of constipation, having a bowl of this wonder fruit can relieve constipation.
- One of the extracts from the muskmelon called the oxy kine has proven qualities of curing kidney stones.
- Pregnant women can have this fruit as it is rich in folate content and it also removes excess sodium from the body.
- It is also known to relax the muscles and thus cure insomnia.
- The juice of muskmelon helps in treating skin related problems. It can also be applied on burnt and irritated skin. It also has anti-ageing properties and thus gives your skin a natural glow.
- If you have hair fall and weak nails, have this fruit to strengthen them. It helps in getting a natural shine to both hair and nails.
- Musk Melon seeds are high in Protein, one of the studies say the protein content is as good as soy milk.
- Above all it keeps the body hydrated and protects it against the harsh heat.
- Dice it, make a fruit salad with Papayas, muskmelon and watermelon or mash some in the glass of your favorite drink. Also, make smoothies with it or add it to yogurt. You can also use the dried seeds for salads.