Summer is up and how???? The scorching heat, the sun and above all health issues like dehydration, heat strokes and much more… While the sun is harsh, fruits and juices keep us hydrated and that is what you want to eat the entire day. One such miracle fruit is mango, some like it and the others love it. The myth is that mangoes make you fat, they are too sweet and people suffering from diabetes and other health issues and not supposed to have it.
The fact is seasonal fruits are good for you. Mangoes and muskmelons are available in abundance these days. The king of all fruits, mango is said to fight cancer, aid in weight loss, alkalize the body, help in digestion, regulate diabetes, and also helps in cleansing the skin there various benefits of mango.
Nutrition Chart: (1 Cup Mango)
- 105 Calories
- Vitamin C- 76%
- Vitamin A- 25%
- Vitamin B6 and other Vitamin B
- Probiotic fibre- 9%
- Magnesium- 4%
Benefits of Mango:
There are various benefits of mango in fighting deficiencies, due to which mango is called as the king among fruits.
- Fights Cancer: Loaded with Antioxidants like isoquercitrin, quercetin, astragalin, Gallic acid, fisetin, and methygallat, the body gets protected against colon, breast, leukaemia and prostate cancer.
- Cholesterol: Mangoes keep cholesterol in check due to the high level of Vitamin C in it. The fibres also help lower the serum cholesterol levels. It is also a rich source of potassium and an essential component of the body and cell fluids, that assist in controlling blood pressure and heart rate.
- Weight loss: as Mangoes are loaded with nutrients and vitamins they make the body feel fuller. The fibre in this fruit also helps in digestion and burning additional calories thus helping in weight loss.
- Regulates Diabetes: The leaves of mango are healthy too, especially for people suffering from diabetes. Take few leaves in a vessel, soak them overnight and drink the filtered decotion in the morning. Mango is also low in the glycaemic index and hence going overboard will not increase the sugar levels.
- Eyes: Mango is rich in Vitamin A, thus promoting in good eye sight. One cup mango can take care of 25% of daily need of Vitamin A. It also prevents night blindness.
- Strengthens the immune system: The combination of Vitamin C and A and 25 other kinds of carotenoids keep the immune system healthy.
- Improves concentration and memory: If you are a student, this fruit is for you. Due to the glutamine acid, which is an important protein for memory and concentration mangoes aid in concentration and memory. Parents should feed mangoes to children who find it difficult to concentrate while they are studying.
- High Iron: Mangoes are rich in iron and hence good for people suffering from anaemia. Menopausal and pregnant women can also have mangoes to increase their calcium and iron level.
- Snack: Instead of snacking on chips and junk, give your children mangoes. Children love this wonder fruit as they are one of the tastiest dehydrated fruits available easily.
- Helps in Reducing Kidney Stones: The Chinese think because mangoes are sweet and sour they reduce the risk of kidney stone formation.
The benefits of Mango are surprising. It is a myth that mangoes make you fat and people suffering from diabetes need to avoid this fruit. Have this summer fruit and reap its benefits.