The word Paediatrician is derived from the green work Pais, meaning a child. A Physician, who manages the physical, mental and behavioural health of kids below the age of 21. They are trained to prevent and maintain the health of healthy children and offer medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill.
They help in:
- Reduce infant and child mortality
- Foster healthy lifestyles
- Control infectious disease
- Ease out the difficulties of children and adolescents with chronic conditions.
Paediatrician Diagnose and treat infections, injuries, malignancies, genetic defects, dysfunctions and organic diseases. While they are concerned about physical well-being of the kid they also take care of prevention, detections, and management of other problems that affect the children like:
- Behavioural difficulties
- Functional Problems
- Social Stresses
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
Paediatrics is a collaborative speciality- they also work with other medical specialists, and healthcare professionals to provide for emotional and health needs of children. One of the many things a new mother needs to do is choose a doctor for the little one. While Paediatricians have graduated from a medical college, they have also completed a three years’ residency program in Paediatrics.
What Paediatrician will do :
- Do physical examinations
- He/she makes sure the child is meeting developmental milestones in behaviour, health, and skills.
- Give the child the recommended immunizations
- Diagnose and treat the child’s infections, injuries, illness and other health problems.
- Give the parents information on child’s safety, fitness needs and nutrition.
- Answer all the questions about the development and growth of the child.
- Refer you to and help in collaborating with specialists if required.
Why will You need a Paediatrician?
Not only do they provide the routine care for children, but choosing between a family doctor and paediatrician is a personal choice. Below we give you reasons to go for a paediatrician:
- They have a specialised training in both emotional and physical health of the child
- They also specialise in behavioural needs of children
- If your baby is premature or has a health condition, the child needs monitoring and specialised care.
Paediatrician works in a number of environments like hospitals, private practice office, community health centres. Schools, clinics, etc. They enjoy a pleasant working environment as they are assigned cabins or offices that are amenable to children. The setup is equipped with toys, books, and activities to keep the children occupied. Working with the kids is a little complicated, and they are unruly. These restless and frightened children are dealt with utmost patience and which is why the paediatrician training is highly crucial. So it is almost easier to ask what a paediatrician does not do.. they are the people who take utmost care of your kid when they are cranky.
To find the best paediatrician in city like Chennai its now very easy, you can just log on to a doctor appointment website and book the best paediatrician in Chennai on you your area based on his experienece, fees & reviews.