Stress can be defined as a state of mental or emotional strain of tension caused from detrimental or demanding circumstances. It is the most dangerous enemy to the well being of a person. Stress is a condition or feeling experienced when a person recognizes that the demands exceed more than the available personal and social resources. Stress can also refer to the conflict and tension between us and our external environment which causes emotional and physical pressure. Symptoms of Stress can be classified into both Positive and Negative stress depending upon the individual’s perception of the tension between both the conditions. Stress affects both the body and the mind. People with huge amounts of stress can turn up to be tired, sick and do lack clarity of thought and focus which hinders decision making. Stress would even lead to mental breakdowns and anxiety attacks which can paralyze a person’s mental condition of well being. There are numerous emotional and physical disorders that have been linked to symptoms of stress including depression, anxiety, heart attacks, stroke, immune system disturbance that increase susceptibility to infections. Some of the best doctors in Chennai suggested us that there are signs in which we can predict stress.
The following are certain signs and symptoms of stress
- Frequent headache, jaw clenching or pain
- Gritting , grinding teeth
- Sluttering or Stammering
- Tremors, trembling of lips, hands
- Neck ache , back pain, muscle spasms
- Light headedness, faintness
- Cold or sweaty hands, feet
- Insomnia, nightmares and disturbing dreams
- Little interest in appearance and punctuality
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Over reaction to petty annoyances
- Social withdrawal or isolation
- Lies or excuses to cover up poor work
- Increased frustration
- Trouble learning new information
Precautions to overcome stress
- Avoiding Caffeine, Alcohol and Nicotine is a great way of reducing stress
- Exercising at regular intervals and indulging in a form of physical activity relieves a lot of mental stress
- Writing a journal and stress dairy is a boon because it would help people introspect the thoughts they’re putting in their minds.
- Managing Time and prioritizing things is an organized manner helps in reducing anxiety.
- Listening to Music, practicing meditation and Silence would help in reducing reducing stress to a great extent.
Although there are various stress causes and precautions staying in the present moment is the best technique to escape anxiety, stress paralyses the growth of an individual and by practicing relaxation techniques one can prioritize things and progress in an organized manner.