PCOS or the Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome is known to be one of the most common hormonal endocrine disorder in women. It is also diagnosed and recognized for the past seventy-five years. There are many symptoms and signs that a woman might experience as sometimes PCOS cannot be diagnosed with test alone and the symptoms also vary from woman to woman.
Many of us have been experiencing weight gain or obesity because of Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome. PCOS creates multiple cysts on the ovaries like a string in pearl and causes hormonal imbalance apart from insulin resistance. Women suffering from PCOS might experience acne, male pattern baldness, because of the high testosterone. This disorder can prevent ovaries from releasing the egg every month.
What can You Do About It?
You can do tons and tons of things to change the atrocity of Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome. Your doctors might not tell you everything as they are short of time, this post will tell you how you can reduce the effect of PCOS sitting at home.
- First things first you have to make your periods regular. Regular periods mean there is optimum body fat, health and fitness level. Which also means all the hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitter organs like kidney, liver and ovaries are keeping in good health.
- Feeling comfortable before the periods is normal, but feeling overly irritated, experiencing cramps during and before the periods is abnormal.
- It is a sign that your health and fitness is in a bad shape, and the solution is not to pop in those pain killers but to improve the health and fitness level.
The strategies below can help you achieve the dream of Pain-Free Period:
- Avoid polycystic ovaries syndrome by reducing food intakes that are overheated like soups, overcooked sabzi, dal that is boiled over and over again and food that is microwaved. Preserve the nutrients of your food by eating them fresh and raw.
- Do not avoid carbs; your body needs carbs more than ever. Give your body a fair deal of wheat, barley, rice, jowar, bajra, thalipeeth, thepla, dosa bajra, etc. Whole grain carbs give us much needed fiber and which in turn leads to slow rise in blood sugar and pain free period.
- Eating proteins is a must. Eat dals, milk and milk products like paneer, cheese, etc.
- Stay away from anything that says low-fat or zero-fat. They prevent the absorption of Vitamin A, D, E in the body. Vitamin D is needed for a toned body and Vitamin A and E for the fresh and supple skin.
- Fresh Curd, sprouts, idli, dosa and anything that is fermented is priceless for the ovaries because it has an abundant supply of Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 helps in Iron Absorption.
- Calcium is required more than an ordinary woman would need. It would also reduce the cramps, headaches.
- The worst thing for irregular periods is not following a workout regime. Regular exercise is the key to regular periods.
These tips help you achieve and avoid polycystic ovaries syndrome to move to a pain-free period stage. Eat healthily, eat fresh and let your body feel energetic, light and bright.