Many of us either know people who suffer from Thyroid or facing this problem ourselves. The thyroid is not an isolated problem and it never has been, and so just taking a thyroid pill is not going to resolve the problem. In most of the hypothyroid cases, the patient would just consume one of the few tablets available in the market and hardly ever see their problem being addressed.
- The truth is if you only concentrate on the drug for your thyroid you would have to take it throughout your life and still there is no guarantee that you would have significant weight loss. By popping the pill, you might just aggravate the problem. What one requires doing in the thyroid is lifestyle changes. Some doctors would believe firmly in lifestyle changes and guide you on eating right, sleeping on time and having a meaningful relationship with people around you. As physicians, they understand that lack of these lifestyle changes would expose you to more severe conditions that ever.
- A good doctor would encourage you to make lifestyle changes and invite you to take time out for workouts, eat right and regularize the sleeping hours. These physicians have strong belief in making lifestyle changes to overcome and control the disease. They either believe in them because they have reaped benefit from this or they are constantly in touch with someone who have obtained benefits by merely making lifestyle changes.
- A specialist might also be fearless to take you off the drugs in a few months and make you strut trough the drug-free state. Be it allopathy, homeopathy, Ayurveda or Unani, all these treatments are waking up to the fact that lifestyle changes are crucial to for defeating a disease. They also understand that maximum or optimum action is required to reduce the side effects of medicines.
- Crash Diets would only increase the health condition instead of resolving it. One needs to provide the body with wholesome foods along with regular exercising to improve the hormonal functioning. Do not deprive your body of good and healthy food.
- All of us have either heard or have read about not eating cabbage, Peanuts, and Soya. The reason being they interfere with the Thyroid absorption, but that is only when you consume them raw. If the peanuts are roasted, the cabbage is cooked, and soy is in the form of milk or tofu then you can have them. All these are a rich source of protein, and so one should have them cooked. Having them cooked reduces the antagonist properties and thus do not come against the Iodine consumption.
- Your thyroid will not improve or deteriorate because of one thing that you do or do not do. It is a process Instead of avoiding cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, soy; peanuts avoid biscuits, chocolates, cakes and alcohol that hinder much more with your thyroid.
By following all these things you can control thyroid from spreading and infecting much. The best way is to see a endocrinologist specialist at the earlier stage of the disease and get treated for it.