The nine months of pregnancy can haul the extraordinary time of moms to be. Our body goes through a host of changes as the baby grows, it gives rise to pains, discomforts, and aches. The pains and aches are uncomfortable and rather annoying. A backache and swollen legs are two of the most common complaints among pregnant women. Below tips would help you get relief from these symptoms:
It is something that is experienced by over 50% of the women at some point in their pregnancy. Usually, the pain occurs in the later stages of pregnancy as the baby grows. It can be due to increasing hormones, obesity, poor posture, stress and due to the change in foetus position in the body.
How to Avoid Back Pain during Pregnancy:
- Try not to bend to pick up things. Squat and keep the back straight whenever you are working to take something from the floor.
- Do not lift any heavy objects.
- High heels are a big no-no. Wear shoes that offer support, they should be flat and allow the weight to be evenly distributed.
- The back should be straight and supported when you sit.
- Do not sleep on your back.
- Perform light exercises that help the back and strengthen the abdomen. Make sure you talk to your doctor before starting.
- Take plenty of rest, always elevate the feet while sitting.
When Should you Contact your Doctor:
- In case there of an abrupt backache.
- A severe backache as it could be related to pregnancy-associated osteoporosis
- Rhythmic cramping as it could be a sign of preterm labor.
What Causes Swelling During Pregnancy?
Your feet, ankle and fingers might be swollen during pregnancy as the body holds more water than it should normally do. Towards the end of the day, water gathers in the lower part of the body, and that causes the feet to swell. Though this is very common and not harmful, it can get fairly uncomfortable.
How to Avoid swelling during Pregnancy:
- Do not stand for long hours
- Wear comfortable and soft shoes. Avoid shoes that are too closed to avoid it pinching your feet
- Try to keep your feet rested on a table as long as you can.
When should you consult a Doctor:
- If you have blurry vision
- Severe headache
- Severe pain below your ribs
Even a healthy pregnancy might give you these two underlying troubles. It is important to take steps as soon as you start experiencing any of these. The key to safe pregnancy is to get adequate rest, eating the right food and just enjoying the period without a hassle. It is important that the family planning is done when there is no stress around you. Good atmosphere and lots of love will help you get through these nine months. Some of the best gynaecologist in Chennai can be found by using healthcare sites which helps you to fix an online doctor appointment.