Custard apples taste ecstatic and heavenly but did you know that it has a wide array of benefits to offer while you are busy eating the fleshy fruit and spiting the seeds!
So, without any further ado, let’s see what those benefits are:
- Strengthens your Immune system: Yep! You’ve heard it right, not only it tastes great but also boosts your immune system and keeps those nasty diseases away from you. It’s because custard apples are rich in vitamin C which is a natural anti-oxidant
- Improves Digestion: Custard apple is rich in dietary fibers which help the digestive system to function properly and keeping certain conditions away from you such as acidity, ulcers, indigestion, and constipation.
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health: it helps in regulation of blood pressure as it is a source of sodium and potassium. It also decreases the chances of getting a heart attack as it helps in unwinding the tender muscle tissues of the heart and soothes the cramps and jerks which can avoid any sort of strokes.
- Helps to Gain Weight: People often run behind expensive weight gaining drinks and forget the natural wonder ‘Custard Apple’. Custard apple is a high calorie fruit which increases your metabolism through which it also helps in stimulating hunger and thus your appetite is increased and so will be your food intake.
- Nourishes Hair: custard apple helps in maintain the natural color of hair and also slows down the greying process of hair. It also helps the scalp to absorb nutrition which in turn help in hair growth and reduces hair loss.
- Good for Skin : custard apple slows down the ageing process and gives the skin a youthful look by reducing the wrinkles lines which appear in adulthood . The vitamin C rich fruit helps the skin to attain a glowing texture and it also flushes out impurities out of the skin and helps in regeneration of skin cells.
- Helpful during Pregnancy: it helps pregnant women to overcome the morning sickness and also helps in preventing nausea. Custard apple has also been proven to reduce craving which usually occur during pregnancy. It also lowers the risk of conceiving a premature baby.
- Good for Fetal Development: Pregnant women are prescribed to consume a lot of custard apples when they are pregnant because it contains high volume of vitamin A & C which promotes in the development of the baby’s hair, skin, and eyes. It also helps in the brain development of the baby.
- Eliminating Cholesterol: Custard apples are rich in niacin and dietary fibers which reduces the cholesterol content in the body which causes many cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases
- Prevents Arthritis: Custard apple also contains high levels of magnesium which maintains the water levels in balance which helps in flushing out acids which are deposited at joints which lowers the chances of arthritis and rheumatism .
Last but not the least, IT’S GOT AN AMAZING TASTE!